Oesterle Library's librarians are always happy to visit classes in order to give brief presentations on library resources, research methods, and information literacy principles and practices.
To request a library instruction session, please contact your library liaison.
The librarian visiting your class will focus his or her presentation on the specific needs and research projects of your students, while also teaching broadly applicable research habits and critical thinking skills.
Some common topics of instruction sessions include, but are not limited to:
- how to search library databases effectively and efficiently
- how to distinguish scholarly journals from other kinds of publications
- how to search the web effectively
- how to evaluate the reliability and accuracy of websites and other sources
- how to cite sources
- what plagiarism is, and how to avoid committing it